Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 12

On Day 2 I said I was breaking out of the mold I had formed for myself for these 31 days. Well, again I do so, because a dear friend posted on Facebook a quote that precisely describes the lovely whimsy of this season. With the coming of fall a comfort forms in my belly. I have a light step as the wind whisks around my still-short sleeved arms, blowing leaves into a whirlwind. All the hopes of the holidays sing around and in you, but the stress and dreariness of perpetual overcast days are not here yet. There is a freshness in the air as the heat of summer subsides.

I am attempting to fully embrace fall this year, and I hope you are able to too. See below for links to other 31 Day-ers who are inspiring my celebration.

"October is a fine and dangerous season in America. It is dry and cool and the land is wild with red and gold and crimson, and all the lassitudes of August have seeped out of your blood, and you are full of ambition. It's a wonderful time to begin anything at all." -Thomas Merton
 
 
31 Days of Quotes: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, Day 8, Day 9, Day 10, Day 11
 

No comments: