Friday, October 19, 2012

FMF "Look"

Five Minute Friday
Look.

Look, I'm typing at my aunt's house. The cooking channel's on. I can't think too focused.

Look. My aunt is showing me crazy pictures of her and my mom on her cellphone. Photos that make you want to run and scream. :)

Behold. Behold your God. Isaiah 39:9-10 - Say to the cities of Judah, "Behold your God!" Behold, the Lord GOD shall come wiht a strong hand . . . . And carry them in His bosom. - Our God is both strong and gentle.

Look. Look here, look there. The lack of focus. I'm staying at a cat-sitting at a house with cable. My eyes want to go straight to the TV. The Waltons. Turner Classic Movies. Hallmark movies. Restaurant Impossible. Look, look, look.

Look. You might not be able to focus in depth on a book in the Bible like you just did Isaiah, but instead of just hardly reading anything, why not speed read through the Gospels? I can do that. I can do that!

Look. Look at the words on the page and feel the life flow through you. Just a little discipline.

Look, God is gracious. He tells His people in Isaiah to just return. Return. Julianna Morlett reminds me that I can love God with all I have right now. And that He'll accept it.

Look at the time! The five minutes are over! :)

No comments: