Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 23

Suddenly, the month is almost over! I'm not sure how that happened! :)

The following quote sounds coarse to my ears. I am slightly embarassed to post it. But it is truth. And when a culture and people are set on inundating us with falsehood, it is only right to come back with the truth that addresses their claims. Besides, you have to love the poetic way Chesterton expresses himself. :)

"I could never mix in the common murmur of that rising generation against monogamy, because no restriction on sex seemed so odd and unexpected as sex itself.... Keeping to one woman is a small price for so much as seeing one woman.... It showed, not an exaggerated sensibility to sex, but a curious insensibility to it.... [I]t is like a man plucking five pears in mere absence of mind."  --G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy, "The Ethics of Elfland"
 
"Let them be only your own,
And not for strangers with you."
--Proverbs 5:17

P.S. I'm back home where I can post at midnight. :)


No comments: